Part 3: The Final Part

Two Hearts Apart has ended.
Feel free to stick around and read the previous chapters!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Chapter 15: The letter

Zahraa received the letter via email early the next day. She read it slowly. Then she read it over and over again.

I'm not good at this kind of thing. I'm not the guy who writes poetry, who cries for sappy music and is aware of all of my feelings. This is not my thing, and I know I’m not good at it.
That being said, please forgive me for what will probably be a failed attempt at an honest rendition of my heart.

You once said that our two hearts weren’t meant to be together. Well, I have to disagree. I think that our hearts were never meant to be apart. You are a part of me as I am of you. Forever more.


I know that I failed you. When you said that you didn’t want to chat anymore, I should have agreed then and there to stop it all. I should have chased after you until I caught up, and married you right then. More than anything I feel bad that you were the one that had to end it all. I should have known, for my own imaan, not to engage in acts that would lead to sin. In all those moments with you I forgot Allah, but you never did. Not only that, you reminded me too. And for that I will always be grateful!


My father said that when contemplating marriage you should ask yourself whether the girl would make a good mother, wife and a trustful companion. In your case, I can easily answer yes for all those questions. You are the best choice. Your looks might fade someday and any infatuation between us may slowly wither; but your character and your spirit will never die, and those are the two best things about you. It is for that very reason that my heart is a witness.. I could never give up on you. You were always meant for me.
 I need you in my life Zahraa, your passion astounds me, your piety inspires me and you wisdom spurs me on. You make me want to do everything better. You have improved my life, and I cant bear to let you go.
I wont try to make any excuses for myself. I have failed you and I know that. I handled everything so wrong. I didn’t think that I was ready for marriage, but that was just fear that was crippling me. Now I know that Im ready, and I know that there is only one person that I want to take that plunge with. I know that you have someone else in your life right now, but I ask, no I beg you to give me as second chance. And if you do, I promise- I’ll spend my lifetime making it up to you and treating you in a manner that you deserve to be treated.


So I ask you, Zahraa, please forgive me. Please overlook all my faults. Please let me find my way back into your heart. Oh and Zahraa, please marry me.
Zaheer


By the time Zahraa was done with the letter tears were streaming uncontrollably down her cheeks.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent...Light at the end of the long dark tunnel.
    Looking Forward to whats left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masya-Allah..so beautifully written...

    ReplyDelete

What did you think of it? Leave a message